Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Friday November 26 and Saturday November 27

Should I change the name of the blog? I took a trip to the frozen tundra of Minnesota for Thanksgiving and took the opportunity to hit up a few local spots, with help from my friend Aimee. Photos credits to her, from her droid phone:

#23 Anchor Fish and Chips

A Gastropub with excellent fish and chips and a few beers on tap. We had to wait a bit in the cold doorway because the place was new and fairly popular. If I understood the waitress right, they serve wine in beakers from chemistry class. Pretty cool. Friday November 26.




#24 Tony Jaros' River Garden (home of the 'Greenie')

Tony Jaros
This was a cool dive bar (real dive, not a hipster one). The Greenie was a combination of liquors and a green kool-aid fluid combined with a powdery substance what looked like a hot chocolate packet. A real mix of crowd, some older and some younger, newer neighborhood residents. We didn't stay for a second Greenie, although we though about it. Friday November 26.






#25 Psycho Suzi's

I didn't plan it this way, but number 25 was one of the best stops so far. Suzi's is one of the places features on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. A cool Tiki Bar that just moved into a larger location. I asked the waitress to 'surprise me' with the drink and she brought back a coconut and a pineapple. I think mine has some sort of grain alcohol. There was a funky band features a guy playing vibes, and another with a large variety of jungle noises. Didn't get to order anything beer-battered with PBR this trip. Friday November 26.



Sazerac
#26 Donnie Dirk's Zombie Den

A themed bar with a hipster feel, we hit Donnie Dirk's last. Had a couple of drinks with absinthe while watching Day of the Dead (the original). The neighborhood has several gentleman's clubs and a place called the 'good' sports bar. Friday November 26.


#27 The Blue Door

Also featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, we went to the Blue Door for the Juicy Lucy. I had one with pepperjack cheese, naturally. I did managed to get cheese all over my hand clearly indicating me as a rookie. I had to take it easy because I leaving that night to return home. Saturday November 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment