Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January 23 - January 25

This part of the tour I will refer to as 'The Grind.'


#73 - Outback Steakhouse
What's this? A chain place? I had up to this point consciously avoided the big chains as a personal preference. But this Outback stares me in the face every time I drive by (which is pretty much every day). I broke down and decided it was the place to start a Sunday of progress. It was a little after noon and the place was empty. I think there were more people working than there were customers. I had a tall drink at the bar and then continued on the tour. Located in the Can Company in Canton - Sunday.

#74 - Langermann's
A fancy place located directly next to the Outback in the Can Company. We once were headed here, but I bailed at the last minute feeling underdressed or underclassed. The barmaid wore a tie and folks were enjoying brunch. I went in and seeing the rarer 90 minute Dogfish Head, I had to order it. After a tall at the Outback and the strong 90 minute I was feeling tipsy. I decided to order food and had the Low Country Louie, which was something on a deconstructed Low Country Boil. It was also just awesome. Located in Canton - Sunday.


#75 - Clutch Sports Lounge
I went in hoping to hear some of the band, but I don't think this place has anything to do with them. It was also pretty much dead and didn't have Boh. So I had one drink, exchanged pleasantries with the barmaid and moved on to the next stop. She did say it was a bit of a dance club on the weekends, and had a crowd for the Sunday Ticket during the season (the Bears-Packers game was about to start). Located on Hudson Street - Sunday

#76 - Fins Bar and Grill
One of the last remaining spots on the Square in Canton. Fins is some sort of South Florida-themed place. Food looked pretty good, but I was full. They did have Boh, so I hung around longer and watched the football game. But at that point i'd probably had too much 'progress,' and decided to relax and watch the game at Jon's house. Located on the square - Sunday.


#77 - The Gin Mill
A fairly prominent spot right on Boston Street. I had been here previously post Run Club (when it was at 5K on Bond Street, which no longer exists). I ordered a fairly weak-tasting IPA with a medium amount of hoppines and watched the overtime of the Florida-Georgia basketball game. I think the State of the Union Address started around the time arrived, but it was no on the TV. This place did have full bottles of Liquor as to-go items. Located in Canton - Tuesday.


#78 - Montford Bar
A bar in what appears to be an ordinary house. It's tucked back a block from the Boston Street (the main drag). I had a Boh and was only one of two customers here. They were playing Tosh.0 instead of the State of the Union. I'm not sure what kind of crowd they get here. Located on Montford Ave, obviously - Tuesday.

#79 - Speakeasy Saloon
The last of the Canton Square bars, I finished my night here. I had an Otter Creek and they did have the State of Union on the TV. It was a decent crowd for late on a Tuesday, with no real spots at the bar itself. It might be a cool spot, if you wanted to drink mint juleps and dance the Charleston. Otherwise, it's just another place. I like the 'speakeasy' place in State College better, if it still exists. I drank my drink and then went home to walk the dogs. Located on the Square - Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment